Thursday, July 11, 2013

Part II - Loved and lost

I trudged along,
Through the frozed desert,
Desparately seeking shelter,
From the murderous winds.
I feared not death,
For only today
I had been struck down,
By a sorceror,
With a heart of black ice,
Yet I lived to fight again.

It was him I sought
to seek out and annhilate
for a monster such as he
should only be free
to roam in hell
I look for shelter after months
to rest and rejuvenate

At length i see a cottage
with a warm orange light
coming through a window
welcoming me inside
I hastened my step and
closed in the gap
reached upon the threshold
took a deep breath
i knocked upon the wooden door
with a question in my heart
The cottage sure was welcoming ,
but some thing sinister as well
What lay in store inside
Time alone would tell

My deep breath
struck in my guts
As the door opened
a little way and
before me she stood
a heavenly beauty
And I'd been staring
but what the hell

At length I asked
"I am a traveller
May I come in  ?"
"Please do" she said
a shy smile upon her face
As she turned and
walked inside .

She had me washed and clothed
and fed and rested
and as the weeks passed by
I fell in love with the house
and the lovely damsel inside
The larders were forever full
and the basins always overflowed
here in the middle
of this god forsaken desert
She seemed to speak
of no kith and kin
And her lonliness
only made me close in

Finally one day
I professed my love
and she said she felt the same
we united in an embrace
And my heart seemed to rest
our mouths met
and i felt complete.

We made love ,
amidst laughter and tears
Holy heaven ?  I thought
I was there !!
I chopped wood
and conjured trinkets
Unnecessary , trivial
Just to remind her that i cared

She'd be waiting for me
when i got back
and come into my arms .
we made love for ever
and knew not hunger
thirst or sleep
Horus melted away ,
time had lost its meaning
just the thought of her
made my nerves tingle ,
it electrified me.

Then that fateful night
she turned away as
as we lay together .
That was the last time
i saw love in her eyes 
before they turned lifeless gray
I had suspected
some thing was amiss
But i didn't know
it was so bad .
It was over ,just like that
extinguished in a flash

Suddenly i found my self
in the cold out side the house
the last words
she said to me
unfortunately were
"My father a soceror,
with a heart of black ice
Cursed me when he left this house
that i should never feel
true love inside
And I'm afraid that is true
and i feel nothing for you"

I fell to my knees
tears in my eyes
she was gone
when i looked again  
I never saw so much as a glimpse
Even as i stared through
the warm yellow glass...

No comments:

Post a Comment