Friday, January 6, 2012

Sleep


"Sleep my child"
I seem to hear,
Leaden lids,
Pupils unfocussed,
Sight's a haze,
Sounds are dull,
And I can't feel
My fingers.

Its vice like grip,
When threatened,
By the alarm clock,
Or the ringing bell,
It shows you how,
What you're waking to do,
Is already on its way,
And the moment,
You're off your guard,
The reveries restart,
Consciousness whisked away.

Creeps up,
Catches you upfront,
Its sneaky nonetheless,
Comforting,
Weakening,
Pleasing,
Overpowering,
It wrestles you to the ground.

Suddenly I realize,
Its eaten away
Several minutes of my life
And I don't know now,
What she's talking about.
Fuck !
This predatory sin.

I spend all day,
Fighting it,
Keeping it at bay,
But come night,
All cravings satisfied,
I give in and sleep
With the enemy.

1 comment: