Sunday, January 15, 2012

Samaan

Bleeding from one wound too many,
I lay dying in a sewer.
Struck down by the
Right hand of god .
Michaelangelo himself,
Had come for me.
With his troops from heaven,
And a scimitar of fire.

The desolate landscape,
A reflection of my thoughts.
I saw no help coming forth.
Despair clawed and tore,
Its way deep into my heart,
And anger filled my being,
Unarmed and unprotected,
I had roamed ,
What had i been drinking ??

The traitor who'd given me away
Would pay ,not just with life.
But i must first focus,
On the task at hand,
How to rein in mine .
It was in my darkest hour,
That i finally sensed,
a train of possibilities,
that didnt end in my demise.

Samaan walked not far from here.
To his home after the evening prayer.
He would help me, the man of god.
I smiled wide as his tread neared.
My cry for help froze his veins,
And his heart stopped,
As the last echos faded.
Unsure of himself , he looked,
Over the edge of the sewer.

A flash of familiarity,
As our eyes met,but it couldn't be
As he'd never seen me in flesh.
Though his books told of nothing,
And no one but me.
The features in contrast,
Beautiful yet evil.
He didn't know why,
His God bade him to flee.
But in his heart he knew,
That His words are for the weak

Help me he did,
He had to , the noble man of God.
Carried me home on his back,
Like the beast of burden he was.
Cleaned my wounds with wine,
And the linen from his robe.
Filled them with herbs,
Tended to me ,till i healed,
And was ready to go .

For i reminded him,
The streams of gold and silver, 
He commanded for his services,
Would dry up ,but for my life.
The finest fruit from their orchards,
And the respect in their hearts,
with my death would shrivel and die.

I reminded him of our relation,
Deep and precious as life.
But he faltered and panicked,
Before he lent me his hand.
Gathering courage,
He demanded a name.
The blood drained from his face
As i smiled and replied "Satan".



No comments:

Post a Comment