Tuesday, December 20, 2011

In flesh

In Flesh

Arguments and discussions
Debates and deliberations
Dialogues and altercations
Research and inquiry
Scrutiny and investigation
All because the circumstances
Conveniently prevented
Any sort of experimentation

All the books and the flyers
The temples and the symbols
The men and their sermons
Describe a whole world
The Occult and the spiritual
The esoteric the paranormal
The right and the wrong
The God and the Devil

Beat my head against the wall
Many a year down the crapper
Swinging this way then that
Abused both cigarettes
And a lot of the inhaler
Worked hard getting over both
Trying to make up my mind
One way or the other for sure

One rainy day I gave up on it
I was done chasing the ghost
That's when it was revealed to me
It was delightfully simple really
I saw the devil in flesh and blood
he made an offer I couldn't refuse
Goosebumps as it all came to me
The words were 'care for a smoke?

1 comment: