Thursday, February 7, 2013

Dawn

Something's very wrong.
Something's just not the same.
Trying not to think of it,
Won't make it go away.
It would all be okay,
If i could just for once,
Put my finger on it .

Every one's happy.
Every one is sane.
Every thing is better,
Than i've ever known
It to have been.
Is that it?
Is it all too good?
to be part of my
miserable being?

Life is not a struggle.
I just reach out
And grab what i want.
I have it all,
All the money and fame
Will someone, anyone
Pray tell me
Why it all feels so strange??

A single though
Circumvents my head
"Get out!" it screams.
"get the hell out of here!!"
But another thought
I then notice
Get out, and go where ?
Something's got to give
This dream or my head.

Suddenly it all makes sense.
A dream it is
And i'm not bound in.
Buoyed by this realization
To the surface I float.
Consciousness swiftly
Replacing the cloud in my head.

From one hell to another
I come falling through.
Now i'm pinned down
Stuck fast to my bed.
This beast i can't see
Trying to enter my chest.
I call out to my maker
Struggling to keep control
Lest I lose my body,
my mind or my soul .

As sanity threatens
To desert my mind.
It looks like my soul will go
Somewhere no one can find.
I find my voice
A scream breaks loose.
I'm finally awake.
Breathing in short gasps.
Sweat soaks my hair.

The ordeal is over.
But the fear is not gone.
I wonder why,
Then the truth strikes home
Its cold, its dark and I'm alone
And it's a full nine hours
Untill the break of dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment