Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rage against

Rage against the machine,
Is what I think I feel.
Want to take it apart,
Gear from greasy gear.
Smash in the face,
Kick in the balls,
Of those who feel
Fit to judge me.

Can't remember a free existence,
Believe I am dependent.
On this setup which is
Anything but symbiotic.
Renounced self respect,
Sacrificed dignity,
Traded in pride,
To partake of this derisory lie.

Have been embedded,
so deep into the entrails,
Every breath laced
With poison fumes.
All that is left now,
Are canned dreams,
A pale, mocking shadow,
Of what might have been.

What have I become ?

Rage against the machine,
Is what I think I feel.
Want to take it apart,
Gear from greasy gear.
Take a step back,
Take a deep breath,
Want to start the slaughter,
But now it all makes sense.

The machine sucks hard,
But wasn't I the one,
Who tried and broke in?
I now know the rage,
Is rage against myself.
Because everyone can hear,
In spite of the noise.
And like it or not,
Every one has a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment