Wednesday, February 22, 2012

2.. Rebirth


As I plummet through the never,
A feeling dawns upon me,
That I've been plummeting,
Forever towards the sea.
Yet the dark waters below
Are as far as they could ever be.
And so is the Cliff of Baph,
I'd been on a second ago.

A second did I say?
Well I wouldn't really know.
Does it really matter when,
You only have a few more to go.
I begin to wonder, is this the afterlife?
Or have my wings come alive,
As I had hoped they wouldn't do.

But they hang limp,
Hanging down from my back,
Weighing me down into the depths,
Taking me where I wish to go.
Its feels like its forever,
But the wind is strong in my hair,
I am still falling.
It can't go on for ever like this.

I break into a smile as I see,
The wall of rock below,
It’s far a better death,
Than begging for air,
And finding nowhere to go.
Its feels like its forever,
But now spray is in my face,
And I am still falling,
But the end must be near.

Not wishing for mother,
That’s only for the birds.
I crash through the rock,
Into the bosom of the earth.

My descent is now painful,
As igneous edges rip through flesh.
But none of it can surpass the,
Conflict in my head!!!!
What in the name of the devil,
Is happening to me?

After what seems like days,
My descent finally ends.
In the fiery depths of earth
Where there is no night or day.
Mother didn't come in time,
But in my father's arms I lay.
As he set me down, onto the lava,
He said "Fear not my child,
For you live once again.”

And as I look deep,
Into those crimson eyes,
Hurtling back come memories,
Of lives I’d trodden by.
Of all kingdoms taken,
Of the blood I'd spilled,
Of all the years in limbo,
And the last time I’d been killed.
Slain by deceit in battle,
For the kingdom of the sun,
Treachery for victory,
The wretched, vicious scum.

As the anger rushes back in,
Riding on the memory of deceit.
I feel myself take control,
Of the body that lay around me.
The bundle of muscle, and blood,
So useless without me.
The deadliest of weapons,
When I’m master.
The thought invigorating,
Making me go faster.

The brain starts buzzing,
The heart starts beating,
Pumping the life blood.
And as it starts to flood
Every nerve and vein.
My senses come alive,
I can see and feel again.
The strong black wings flap back to life,
And I cease to feel all pain.

I rise to my feet easily,
Aided by my wings.
Feel the strength in my arms,
Blood gushing through my veins.
I throw my head back,
Let out a mighty roar.
Be warned filthy angels,
I live again, I have returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment